Saturday, November 24, 2012

I stand corrected

Sometime on this blog and in my column, I stated that I did not see a problem with keeping hens in the city, because they were so quiet.  This was before I made the acquaintance of Miss Red.
Miss Red is the equivilent of a rooster.  She fusses.  She attacks people.  Her beak draws blood.  She is also my best layer.  But the thing is, she is LOUD.  When she doesn't get her way (and "her way," unfortunately usually means someone is going away wounded, usually a human) she screeches like a banshee.  If we had neighbors close by, we'd already have been visited by the sheriff and Animal Control because a) they'd want to know she's OK, and b) we'd have noise complaints.

Most hens are quiet.  Not this one, however.  She's Hell dressed in red feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment