Saturday, March 31, 2018

One month!



My old, beloved "Elvis" the Subaru has headed north. As it's my second set of wheels, I can live without it for a month.

It is now 30 days and counting until we leave the state of California for the Pacific Northwest! Our current home is in escrow, our future home is getting some maintenance done before we move in, and one of my cars has already been shipped up there and is in our new barn.

As we're getting packed up by the moving company a couple of days before the actual move, there is not much to do right now except get business in order. Utilities need to be notified. Things need to either be cancelled or forwarded. All this while the clock ticks down.
These pieces will become the wood frame for our Oregon chicken run.

Yesterday I had an afternoon where I was able to do absolutely nothing, and it felt wonderful. No showings, inspections, or paperwork to wrangle. I took a nap, sat in the sun and read. No apologies. It's 86 degrees here right now, which feels horribly early to break out the sleeveless shirts, but soon enough we'll be in a colder clime where we can wait for summer to arrive at a more appropriate date.

Perhaps someday I'll miss the seven month summers....or not. I have had fun recently buying up some cute spring raincoats for our new and colder life up there, but I sure can't wear them here right now!


Say yes to flourless chocolate wine cake when stress eating is advised.





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on selling your home quickly. I hope all works out just as you want it to. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only on the market for about five days, Denise. It's a hot market here right now! Very scary to leave, but also exciting. Thanks for the good wishes!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! I’m so excited for you! You are going to have SO much fun buying plants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not to mention having an actual spring and fall wardrobe (as opposed to early, mid and late summer lol) for the first time IN MY LIFE!!

      Delete