Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Screen Shots

In case anyone is wondering, if you click on any of my personal photos here within my posts, you will see they will come up as screen shots, and have for the last few months. 

This is not because the photos are not mine, but rather that Google, who hosts Blogspot sites, will no longer interface with iphoto files on my computer. So in order to upload them to a post, I have to screen shot them off iphoto to my desktop, then upload those screen shots to whatever post I'm putting them on. 

I saw some kerfuffle on another blog where someone's screen shot photos were suspected of not being genuine, and I get why. 

I hope Blogger sorts this issue out, as I've seen quite a few photo blogs I used to follow get abandoned over the last several months, and I'm wondering if this is the reason why. Unless it's easy for you to screenshot your photos, this new lack of interface would make uploading anything irritatingly multi-step and time consuming.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case anyone is wondering. 

Occasionally I will also screen grab for other things I've written, but I assume if you see a screenshot of the President or photo of the world from space, you probably already know I did not take it.

Hope that clarifies the issue, just in case there's anyone wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment