Sunday, January 29, 2012

Time of Life

I'm sitting at the computer, digesting a lovely dinner, when I get a blinding, intense burst of heat all over my body.  I strip off my sweatshirt, down to my t-shirt and yoga pants.  Not good enough.  I step outside into the darkness of the back porch in my short sleeves and stand there, waving my arms.  It's about 45 degrees and feels great.  I sit down in a lounge chair, still fending off the heat, totally comfortable in my insufficient clothes despite the cold.  I'm surprised steam, or those heat-mirage waves are not emanating from my body.  


I sit in the darkness for about 2 minutes.  Suddenly I realize it's cold.  I ask myself what in the hell I'm doing in the backyard when it's 45 degrees, wearing only a t-shirt and some pants.  


And I go back inside until then next time it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment