Monday, March 21, 2016

The Race Is On!

Ready...

At the 48 hour mark, it's easy to see who is winning the germination race. It's the zinnias, by a huge margin. But there is also activity in the Sugar pie pumpkins, the Waltrip butternut squash and the Black Beauty Zucchini.

Set...

I love watching seeds sprout. They are each so different in how they grow, but for some the speed with which they germinate and get started is quite amazing.

Go!

There's also a whole mess of transplants in the sunroom, which have had several weeks to grow and will probably get planted next week.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I didn't start any seeds this year, and this makes me miss the smell! I love the fresh new smell of sprouting seeds. Looks like a successful program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually start seeds in such great abundance and I must say it's been fun! I'm just glad I don't have to find ways to eat all the squash these seeds are going to produce.

      Delete