Saturday, July 31, 2021

My Sincere Apologies

 So for the most part, I like the "new and improved" Blogger, which I've gotten the hang of (or so I thought) and use regularly. 

Except for one thing: Apparently not all the comments people have made have ended up reaching the blog itself. I found a sidebar file labeled "comments" tonight and checked it out just to see what was in it. Inside I found many, many comments from readers that got held up in a limbo called "awaiting moderation," even though they were from registered users and clearly NOT spam (although to be fair, there was also quite a bit of spam that had been held up as well -- a good thing).

So what I wanted to say tonight is this: If you've commented on any posts in the past and I haven't responded or seen your comments appear on the blog, THIS is why. I feel like a bad hostess, and I will now be checking this sidebar file with regularity to ensure it doesn't happen again. I am truly grateful to anyone who reads my writings or looks at my pics and cares enough to leave a comment. 

After all, writing is nothing if there's no one to read it. And that goes for comments as well as posts! 

Again, my sincere apologies. There are people I've missed hearing from. And if you are a blogger, be sure and check the "comments" sidebar on your main page, so the same thing doesn't happen to you, too! 


4 comments:

  1. I had no idea about "side bar file". Anyway, i think you've seen all the comments i have left. How's it going - is it hot where you are, moderate or perfect. We have had some good cool down especially at night into the 60's which is better than 75.... days around high 80's. All do-able and I can't wait for fall! Hope all is well around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping fall will come soon, right alongside you! We finally got our first dose of wildfire smoke from the fires down south, and we've had three days of 100 degree weather. Safe to say I'm done with summer! But I have been turning down the thermostat to 67 at night and 74 during the day, so we've been comfortable. It's still MUCH better than the 117 degrees we saw in June. Hope you're well and happy too!

      Delete
  2. yes i wondered about the smoke and what you would get. Yea i get it - ..i can't wait for fall. I enjoyed your post up top now i'll go comment up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post went into the "awaiting moderation" file instead of just showing up here! Oh Blogger, how you frustrate me! At least I knew to check there and found it. Which I'll have to do often from now on!

      Delete