Monday, May 28, 2012

Room with a view


For the first time in my life, I am going to live someplace that has a view.  We are on a high hilltop overlooking hills and city off to the west, with lovely hills to the south and north as well.  I am particularly anxious to see what kind of night sky we have -- I'd love to have the Milky Way visible from the back yard, and see meteor showers without ever having to leave my property.


We are now in the full court press to move, and I can't wait to unpack and get back into my homesteading activities.  I miss composting, canning, growing, and all aspects of this life.  We severely curtailed it when we were showing the house (mainly because our realtor felt no one would really be impressed with our awesome compost and homemade soap except us) and I'm anxious to get back to the routine of recycling our waste back into soil, and basic dry goods into things we use every day.


But the question begs....exactly what will we do with all the land we purchased?  That is a huge question that is still wide open.  What will we raise or grow?  How easy will it be?  Stay tuned...the answers will no doubt be forthcoming in the next year or two, or five.  Right now I don't know exactly what our room with a view will be looking at, but I'm guessing at least the horizon will probably remain the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment