Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who do you want to be today?

Moving always gives one a chance to re-invent oneself, and this move of ours is no exception.  I've been having thoughts and dreams about what's to come as my conscious and subconscious work on the idea of what I want to do.  It'll happen, once I'm settled, the walls are painted, and all the boxes are unpacked in our new home, in our new town a couple of hours to the west of here.


Do I want to be a beach girl?  A wine country woman?  A farmer and raiser of livestock?  All of the above, I guess, but the details remain to be worked out and that's where the mystery and fun is. I expect this summer I will do a little bit of everything, but if I'm honest, it's the beach life I will be the most happy to return to...walking with my feet in the sand, feeling the spray in my face, and loving the fog and cold that comes to our coastal areas in July.  Those things all sounds like heaven right now.  I've been landlocked for a long time, and may go a bit overboard in the other direction for a little while.  Which is expected, and which I will indulge myself in, at least through summer.  


I see myself in a little coastal dive someplace, eating clam chowder, watching the fog roll in and knowing it's triple digits in the place I came from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment