Friday, January 13, 2017

A blind squirrel finds the nut

Big Ag has a saying...."even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut."

Yesterday that saying was about me and photography. I make no attempts to be a photographer, but sometimes I see something and know I need a picture of it.

Yesterday we had some crazy weather and I got this shot of the vineyard near our home. I used my old point and shoot because I didn't want to get my nice camera wet since I wasn't sure what I was going to get in terms of lighting, etc. Of course now I wish I'd had my Canon, but at least I got something.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out.


4 comments:

  1. It's pretty! I saw one very large rainbow yesterday morning and several smaller ones throughout the day. Definitely worth capturing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are far from a blind squirrel! Haha but I like that expression, akin to "even a stopped clock is right twice a day".
    Beautiful shot! We so so rarely get rainbows here! Such wonderful news about all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are very happy about it! Should make the '17 vintage good too since it's washed all the harmful salts out of the soil. So win-win for everyone!

      Delete