Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Deep House

I got a lot of holiday shopping done yesterday, almost all of it in Downtown Paso Robles, which truly has something for everyone on your list.  Today the wind is absolutely howling and rain is on the way, so I'm in the depths of the house doing inside stuff.  It's a good day to be indoors.  While there are few remaining advantages to being a homemaker, I can say without a doubt that being able to schedule your errand days around the weather is one of them.  When it's sunny, I wash clothes, farm, and cook in our solar oven, and when it's like this I deep clean a bathroom or two and make a nice hot dinner when the men come home from work and school.

There are things to do every day of the year around here, but to be able to watch a storm blow in from the south and not have to worry about going out in it is a blessing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment