Thursday, February 28, 2019

Northern Flicker and Snow Days



I just love the variety of birds we find in the vineyard, most of which I've never seen before. This Northern Flicker has been hanging around, and today I was lucky enough to get close enough to him to get a shot.

We've also had plenty of snow, so you know what that means....sledding through the Pinot Noir vines,and building snowmen on the front doorstep! Not bad for a couple of former Californians. But even in Oregon, snow days mean play days since they don't happen very often!





2 comments:

  1. Nice shot of the flicker, they are such shy birds. I hear them more than see them and if I do, they are making their escape. Such pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO jumpy; the minute you make one noise they are gone. Ironic, since their beaks look like they could inflict a pretty sharp stab if they needed to!

      Delete