Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Badass

I'm not quite ready to do the big reveal yet, but we are getting very close on finishing our big front yard project.  Today, in one of the final stages of the project, I moved 4,000 pounds of flagstones, by myself.  If this sounds impossible to you, it is not.  It basically consists of picking up a couple of pieces of flagstone at a time and placing them where they need to go.....several hundred times in a row.  

It's not back-breaking labor by any stretch of the imagination, but does entail a lot of carrying and walking -- something I happen to be good at.  These are skills I honed as a mother.  But today, instead of a walking with a fussy baby, I was carrying a couple of flagstones each time (which are much quieter than a fussy baby, by the way, who knew?), and instead of pacing the house, I was walking from our driveway to the pathway in our front yard and back again.

But despite the fact that it wasn't all that hard (just repetitive) I still intend to tell people I moved 4,000 pounds of rocks by myself as much as possible in the days to come, because it makes me sound like a total badass.

Which of course, I am.  A badass baby-holding, flagstone-carrying-and-placing mama.  That's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment