Friday, February 1, 2013

Early Night

Seed catalogs, the new issue of Hobby Farm, the old issue of Mother Earth News, and the novel, "Cloud Atlas" are all calling me to an early bedtime tonight.  I'm so exhausted I'm not sure how much time I will spend with any of these things before sliding into unconsciousness, but my rest will be well-earned and much appreciated tonight, I'm telling you.

Perhaps post-menopausal sleep troubles are only a product of our modern society.  If my middle-aged female peers and I worked as hard as I did today, every day, I'm pretty sure solid sleep would be a guaranteed thing.  Sometimes your body is just so tired you don't have a choice.  And so it is tonight.  I am immune to hormones and age, and a warm bed in a cool room are calling me.  Until tomorrow dawns bright and sunny, goodnight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment