Saturday, July 13, 2013

Deconstructing the kitchen

There's now real progress happening on the kitchen front.  Today Big Ag and Groceries spent the day de-constructing the  old kitchen.  There's construction dust everywhere and the entire house seems littered with kitchen items we had to remove from the drawers and cupboards, but it at least feels like we're making good progress towards a new and more functional kitchen.

Here's a couple of pics of the demolition so far:



Of course this just had to happen at the height of summer, when I have a bounty of fresh vegetables ready to be cooked, but luckily I can still grill things, cook in the solar oven, and when all else fails, give any produce we're not using to our neighbors and coworkers, most of whom don't have vegetables in their gardens.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Can't wait to watch the progress! Wish I could help you out with some of that produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish you could too! I'm filling up my neighbor's baskets to their brims! I have plenty of excess herbs, too!

      Delete