Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Routine Day

I love having a varied life where I do many different things, because the fact is, I crave routine.  That's right, it's the various and sundry things in life that make my regular routine special.  Tomorrow I will have a plain old regular day.  I don't have to come down off the hill, so I have plenty of time to cook, to harvest, to clean and to organize around here.  I can put the laundry away that's been sitting in the basket for two days.  I can de-clutter the kitchen counters.  I can sweep the patio. 

It's the kind of day I love most, but the kind of day that quickly becomes boring or tedious if I get too many of them in a row.  

That's why errand days in town, relatives and friends visiting, a little winery work on the weekends and days at the beach are so important.  Because once they're done, the blessed routine resumes, and I see it with new eyes, and appreciate it, each and every time.

2 comments:

  1. I crave routine too! It's so comforting to have a day to yourself on your own time table. I'm looking forward to that the next several days. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and the same to you, Stephen! Enjoy your home days, too!

      Delete