Friday, September 12, 2014

Life Goes On



Hmm ... eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini -- and herbs too.  Such delicious possibilities!  Ratatouille?  Farmer's Market sandwiches? Veggie lasagna?

It all sounds good. Now is the time when we pick up the pieces, dry our tears and go on.  Hard to feel bereft with so much edible bounty surrounding us, and so much of creation's beauty at our fingertips.

I did not make my friend's Celebration of Life service, which was several hours away by plane, but while working yesterday I did get a visit from this beautiful creature, who flitted and danced around me (not my image, but the same kind of butterfly).  

She reminded me that we are all just caterpillars, waiting to become eternal butterflies. And in the meantime....life goes on.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend. I wonder if she sent you the butterfly. The bounty of your garden looks gorgeous. Things are winding down here. We're rapidly approaching the frost and I am trying to maximize the last of the summer produce. This week the pumpkins have just appeared at the farmer's market. It's fun having perfect tomatoes and pumpkins at the same time. Just another moment to enjoy at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is in many ways my favorite time of year for the same reason you stated -- summer produce still around and fall on its way! I did think my friend sent me that butterfly; it is an eastern swallowtail, common where she lives but almost never found out here! And in truth, I have felt better since it visited me, just more accepting and confident she is happy, wherever she is.

      Delete