Sunday, March 31, 2013

End of the day


Well, Easter 2013 has come and gone.  At our house, I was in the kitchen most of the day, and while the results were great, the day was not without drama.  My first batch of fool-proof dinner rolls ended up getting chucked after I discovered I hadn't added any salt to them. Blech! The ham was done long before anything else (but luckily, it stayed warm).  But the spinach casserole and chocolate-coconut cupcakes were fantastic.  

And now we're watching the marine layer move in from the sea, over the hills and gliding east toward our property.  By morning we'll be in the fog.  And the kids will head back to college and work, all going their separate ways and I will be sad for awhile, until I get the house clean and tidy and realize it will actually get to stay that way for the next several days.

That's a small consolation, but it is something I guess.  I love the chaos and laughter the kids bring, no question, but getting back to the usual routine is good, too.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it went well overall! Oh isn't that always the case with ham? Haha oh biting into bread/rolls with no salt is a cruel punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were SO bad....and the salt must be instrumental in the rising as well, because they were not only tasteless, but shaped like hamburger buns, lol. Second batch was delish though!

    ReplyDelete