Monday, March 31, 2014

Primitive Happiness



Surely this is among the most primeval of feelings...the feeling of happiness -- the happiness of watching weather when you yourself are not out in it.

Since the beginnings of time, our ancestors probably sat in caves, in primitive shelters or under a thick canopy of mighty trees, thinking the equivilent of "boy, it's really coming down out there.  How nice to be dry and warm down/in/under here." 

Nothing like being safely sheltered, preferably under a blanket or in front of a fire, when the weather finally arrives. Perhaps our first and deepest happiness, as human beings.

2 comments:

  1. Surely we don't agree on everything, but I promise I always say this! The most basic, wonderful luxury is to enjoy foul weather from a warm and safe shelter. I like your ship in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, I think we DO agree on almost everything. Siblings from another mother lol! It's been raining all evening, and such a joy to sit indoors and listen to it. The ship, abalone shell and white stones all symbolize moving back near the beach...it's such an important part of my life so I guess that's my little ocean alter lol. It was raining quite hard just outside the window, don't know if it shows in the pic though.

    ReplyDelete